Dealing with an accident is a very stressful experience. The circumstances are overwhelming and it can be very confusing on what to do first. Should you call ICBC right away? Get the other driver’s information? Here are some simple guidelines to ensure that you go about things the proper way:
- Record the full-name, address, phone number and driver’s license number of everyone involved in the incident.
- Remove your insurance card from your car and exchange your details with the other parties. (Be sure to check the driver’s licenses of everyone else involved to be positive that you’re not being given false information.)
- Record the license plate number, of all cars involved in the accident
- Collect the contact information of any witnesses.
- Report the claim to ICBC within 24 hours of the accident. This can be done by phone or online
When you’ve been involved in an accident, emotions can definitely be running high, you also need to get your car repaired, and want to ensure that you’re receiving the best possible service available.
This is where Quality Assured can help. Our collision services group is best known for our speedy repairs, customer service, and quality repair work. We have 12 locations throughout BC to choose from. We’ll get the job done right and get it done on time.
***Please note that if you’ve been in a serious accident it is important to phone the police and stay at the scene of the accident. If you leave, you can be in breach of the Motor Vehicle Act and be held in breach of your contract of insurance with ICBC.